Friday 4 March 2011

The Most Important Relationship

One of the main areas I am asked to read about is the ever complex area of love and relationships.  Something I have to admit I have spent a lot of time thinking about and, as anyone who knows me from Powerful Intentions will know, I have not had much luck with love myself until this year.

Love and relationships really is a funny old business, it's supposed to be the easiest thing in the world and the most natural; but despite this it appears to cause heartache, pain and a great consumption of beer or chocolate.

Although it is hard to understand at first, the relationships we have with other people are the direct result of the relationship we have with ourselves.  Now, I can imagine a few people tutting at this or muttering I'm wrong, but unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), I am spot on. The majority of the time we know what we want, we ask for that 'perfect' person but we don't feel that we truly deserve that person or that this person wouldn't be interested in us if they met us.  And the ugly truth is, they wouldn't be because we don't appreciate ourselves, so why should they?

So what is the most important relationship?  The one you have with yourself.

Trust me, I know that this sounds like 'new age clap-trap' but it really is vitally important (new age thinking or not), and it is easier to do than you might think.  I know very few people who are entirely happy with who they are, although I am fortunate enough to have met a few gurus along the way who have mastered this and for that I feel blessed.  And, from them I have learned a lot and feel safe enough to say that I am not an expert in this and I haven't got it down pat, but I can help you get started as this is an ongoing process not an instant-fix.


Firstly you've got to accept that you are not perfect, and that you are never going to be anyone other than yourself.  That you are the most perfect version of you that there will ever be and that's all you have to be.  You.  Accepting who you are and learning to appreciate the little things about you that make you who you are is the first step to getting everything you want out of life.


So before you try to work on a relationship with someone else, take some time out to look at the one you have with yourself! 


Love and Light
Helen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment